Each workday for the next two weeks Charlotte49ers.com will profile a different Conference USA school as a way to introduce our new league opponents starting in 2013-14.
Location: New Orleans, La.
Nickname: Green Wave
Colors: Olive Green and Sky Blue
President: Dr. Scott Cowen
Athletics Director: Rick Dickson
Athletics Website: www.TulaneGreenWave.com
Facebook: Tulane Green Wave
Conference History: Tulane has been a member of Conference USA since 1995.
Proper References: Tulane. TLN
Athletic Highlights: Tulane’s baseball team has advanced to the College World Series twice (2001, 2005). Women’s Basketball holds four regular season and five tournament titles. Head Coach Lisa Stockton is Conference USA’s leader in wins.
Noteworthy Accomplishments: Tulane is a member of the Association of American Universities, a very prestigious organization with 62 of the top research universities in the countries as members. Tulane was ranked 12th in U.S. News and World Reports “Up and Coming Schools” in 2013. In 2013, Tulane began construction of Yulman stadium which will serve as the replacement of the Superdome as the home of football.
- MARTHA WALTERS BARNETT - First woman to chair the American Bar Association's policy-making body, the House of Delegates
- CORRINE LINDY BOGGS - Former U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican and member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- THOMAS HALE BOGGS - Former U.S. House of Representatives Majority Leader
- DR. BOBBY BROWN - Former New York Yankee slugger and American League President
- MICHAEL E. DeBAKEY, Ph.D - Pioneer in the field of heart surgery and innovator of military MASH units
- DAVE DIXON - Instrumental in bringing an NFL franchise to New Orleans, brain trust behind the construction of the Louisiana Superdome, founder of the United States Football League
- MATT FORTE - Running Back, Chicago Bears
- PAUL MICHAEL GLASER - Actor
- BRUCE PALTROW - Hollywood director/producer
SPONSORED SPORTS (16)
MEN (6) - Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Tennis, Outdoor Track & Field
WOMEN (10) - Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Sand Volleyball, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Indoor & Outdoor Track & Field, Volleyball