|Forty-Niner focus: 2013 women’s soccer players|
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Each Wednesday through the women’s soccer season, two current members of the Charlotte 49ers will be featured in a short personality profile Q&A. Players were picked at random for the particular week but were presented the questions ahead of time.
This week’s 49er focus includes sophomore Becky Forcellini and freshman Shelby Hicks.
1. What is your favorite pregame meal?
Forcellini: Jason’s Deli
Hicks: Pasta with vegetables and banana with peanut butter an hour before
2. What is your pregame ritual?
Forcellini: Jason’s Deli, quick nap, get dressed and listen to music in the locker room
Hicks: I listen to music. It helps me focus.
3. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Forcellini: Meek Mill
Hicks: Mike Stud, Shwayze, Aer, Jack Johnson…how can I only choose one??
4. What one thing, off the field, can you do better than most?
Forcellini: I’m an undercover hair dresser
5. What is one thing most people might not know about you?
Forcellini: That part of my ear got bit off during my high school soccer game. It’s fixed now.
Hicks: I’m sort of a nerd.
6. What is your dream job?
Forcellini: Fashion designer
Hicks: Food critic
7. What is your hometown famous for?
Forcellini: Not really anything but it is five minutes away from Philadelphia, which is very historic.
Hicks: The first public university in the state (North Carolina)
8. What do you believe it will take to have a successful season?
Forcellini: 26 players going in one direction
Hicks: A positive attitude and a high work rate
9. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Forcellini: Hopefully married with a family and teaching high school English
Hicks: Doing brain research
10. Who has been most influential in your life and why?
Forcellini: My dad because he always pushed me to be the best I could be.
Hicks: Of course I have to go with my parents for this one. Without their support, I’d be nowhere. But when it comes to my soccer career, Cindy Parlow (my first club coach) really opened my eyes to the game and led me to fall in love with it.
11. What is your favorite quote/saying?
Forcellini: The best revenge is massive success
Hicks: Go hard or go home
12. What is one food you will not try?
Hicks: Do bugs count? I’m open to almost anything.
13. What is your favorite book?
Forcellini: Perks of Being a Wallflower
Hicks: Harry Potter all the way!
14. What is one of your pet peeves?
Forcellini: People that have an excuse for everything
Hicks: Drama. Keep me out of it!
15. What is another sport at Charlotte you would play if you had the chance?
Hicks: I loved tennis as a kid so probably that. Is there a Zumba team?