CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Each Wednesday through the women’s soccer season, two current members of the Charlotte 49ers will be featured in a short personality profile Q&A. Players were picked at random for the particular week but were presented the questions ahead of time.
This week’s 49er focus includes freshman Perri Bonner and senior Alex Kubrick.
1. What is your favorite pregame meal?
Bonner: Chicken wrap with mango
Kubrick: A grilled chicken panini with fruit from Jason’s Deli
2. What is your pregame ritual?
Bonner: Listening to Kid Cudi but my favorite pre-game song is Focused by Wale
Kubrick: When I get back from our team meal, I always straighten my hair for the game. Before the game, the goalkeepers pray together after warmups.
3. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Bonner: J. Cole/Major Lazer
4. What one thing, off the field, can you do better than most?
Kubrick: I can peel an orange in one piece
5. What is one thing most people might not know about you?
Bonner: I am very OCD! I love to be organized but could careless about other people’s organization.
Kubrick: I was 11 pounds, 3 ounces when I was born.
6. What is your dream job?
Bonner: Managing for Nike
Kubrick: To have my own farm and to see the food I grow in my own restaurant
7. What is your hometown famous for?
Bonner: Rap music, MLK, near UGA and much more.
Kubrick: In 1960, it was home to the first civil rights movement sit-in. Four African-American college students from North Carolina A&T refused to get up when they were denied service at a diner called Woolworth’s. This was the first sit-in of many during this time and the men are commonly known as the “Greensboro Four”.
8. What do you believe it will take to have a successful season?
Bonner: Teamwork, willingness to win at all costs.
Kubrick: 26 players headed in one direction.
9. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Bonner: Not sure, no major life plans yet.
Kubrick: I see myself married with kids and working a job that I love.
10. Who has been most influential in your life and why?
Bonner: My mom because she is my biggest role model and has helped me through everything.
Kubrick: It has to be a tie for both of my parents. They have shown me what it looks like to live sacrificially for your children and they have instilled values and morals in me that make up who I am. Without them, I probably wouldn’t be playing college soccer and pursuing my dreams. I feel incredibly blessed to call them my parents.
11. What is your favorite quote/saying?
Bonner: I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.
Kubrick: John 3:30 – He must become greater; I must become less.
12. What is one food you will not try?
Bonner: Pig’s feet
13. What is your favorite book?
Bonner: Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Kubrick: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
14. What is one of your pet peeves?
Bonner: When people ask a question that was already answered
Kubrick: When people text and drive
15. What is another sport at Charlotte you would play if you had the chance?
Bonner: Football, baseball or volleyball