CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Each Wednesday through the women’s soccer season, two current members of the Charlotte 49ers will be featured in a short personality profile Q&A. Players were picked at random for the particular week but were presented the questions ahead of time.
This week’s 49er focus includes freshman Anna Dedmon and sophomore Loren Reilley.
1. What is your favorite pregame meal?
Reilley: Pasta at Jason’s Deli
2. What is your pregame ritual?
Dedmon: Trying to stay calm and listening to music while praying.
Reilley: Listen to a playlist of pump-up songs.
3. Who is your favorite musical artist?
4. What one thing, off the field, can you do better than most?
Dedmon: I enjoy cleaning and being organized.
Reilley: I can do a lot of funny voices.
5. What is one thing most people might not know about you?
Dedmon: I had bunion surgery of both feet.
Reilley: I love aliens and other conspiracies.
6. What is your dream job?
Dedmon: To be a dentist
Reilley: I would love to be a dermatologist and have my own practice.
7. What is your hometown famous for?
Dedmon: American Legion World Series
Reilley: For being a historic town in New Jersey
8. What do you believe it will take to have a successful season?
Dedmon: 26 players, one direction
Reilley: I think team work will play a key role because we need to push ourselves to our best potential.
9. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Dedmon: Either coaching a youth team or graduating and becoming a dentist.
Reilley: Hopefully I will be a dermatologist and have started a family.
10. Who has been most influential in your life and why?
Dedmon: My grandparents
Reilley: My sister Arienne because has been there every step of the way and pushed me to be better in every aspect.
11. What is your favorite quote/saying?
Dedmon: Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Reilley: Who says tomorrow won’t be the best day of your life?
12. What is one food you will not try?
13. What is your favorite book?
Dedmon: When the Stars Fall to Earth – A novel of Africa
Reilley: The Lovely Bones
14. What is one of your pet peeves?
Dedmon: Packing and unpacking
Reilley: When people talk on the phone in the car
15. What is another sport at Charlotte you would play if you had the chance?