|Forty-Niner focus: 2013 women’s soccer players|
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Each Wednesday through the women’s soccer season, two current members of the Charlotte 49ers will be featured in a short personality profile Q&A. Players were picked at random for the particular week but were presented the questions ahead of time.
This week’s 49er focus includes sophomore Tori Fubara and redshirt freshman Annika McHenry.
1. What is your favorite pregame meal?
Fubara: Jason’s Deli. Club Royale with fruit
McHenry: Jason’s Deli. Bagelini with fruit cup
2. What is your pregame ritual?
Fubara: Jason’s Deli, quick nap, get dressed, listen to music, pray and head out to field.
McHenry: Goalkeeper prayer right after warm ups with Kubrick and Weaver
3. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Fubara: Don’t have any one favorite. I like a lot of artists, but mostly Justin Timberlake
4. What one thing, off the field, can you do better than most?
Fubara: Dougie (the dance)
5. What is one thing most people might not know about you?
Fubara: I have a scar all the way down my back from scoliosis surgery in ninth grade.
McHenry: I got kicked out of three preschools for bad behavior.
6. What is your dream job?
Fubara: Being a pediatrician of my own practice somewhere overseas.
McHenry: Be a missionary nurse around the world.
7. What is your hometown famous for?
Fubara: The capitol of the south during the Civil War
McHenry: Lazy Days – a national art festival.
8. What do you believe it will take to have a successful season?
Fubara: 26 girls moving in the same direction
McHenry: 26 players headed in one direction!
9. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Fubara: Being a pediatrician, married and having a kid or two
McHenry: I don’t know. I choose to live my life one day at a time.
10. Who has been most influential in your life and why?
Fubara: My mom because she embodies everything I want to be; a loving mother, supportive wife, savvy professional and just a great daughter, sister, aunt and Christian.
McHenry: My sister Alli because she has taught me that any dream I have is possible and to never give up no matter what other people think. She is one of the strongest people I have ever met and I am blessed to have her as my sister and best friend.
11. What is your favorite quote/saying?
Fubara: Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
McHenry: For His glory!
12. What is one food you will not try?
13. What is your favorite book?
Fubara: Hunger Games series
McHenry: Jesus + Nothing = Everything by Tullian Tchividjian
14. What is one of your pet peeves?
Fubara: People who always make excuses
McHenry: People who put their children on leashes
15. What is another sport at Charlotte you would play if you had the chance?