CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Each Wednesday through the women’s soccer season, two current members of the Charlotte 49ers will be featured in a short personality profile Q&A. Players were picked at random for the particular week but were presented the questions ahead of time.
This week’s 49er focus includes freshman Rebecca Beatty and junior Dana Robertson.
1. What is your favorite pregame meal?
Beatty: Usually a peanut butter and jelly
Robertson: The night before my favorite meal is some kind of seafood alfredo pasta. But the day of, my go-to meal is a cinnamon crunch bagel and mango smoothie from Panera.
2. What is your pregame ritual?
Beatty: Listen to music to get focused
Robertson: I’m not very superstitious
3. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Beatty: Mumford and Sons
Robertson: Blake Shelton, Keith Urban and Mat Kearney
4. What one thing, off the field, can you do better than most?
Beatty: I find myself to be a good listener
Robertson: Cooking and baking
5. What is one thing most people might not know about you?
Beatty: I’m afraid of small clowns
Robertson: I drive a moped to class and practice every day
6. What is your dream job?
Beatty: Travel the world and learn about other cultures
Robertson: Corporate lawyer
7. What is your hometown famous for?
Beatty: Mardi Gras
Robertson: I suppose it would be most famous for its abundance of dairy, mostly cheese, and is also a big college town for the main campus of Wisconsin.
8. What do you believe it will take to have a successful season?
Beatty: Hard work, dedication and believing in one another. Also, working as a team.
Robertson: We need to be more cohesive than we have been in the past. We need to all work together for one common goal.
9. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Beatty: Hopefully I will be married, have a career and starting a family.
Robertson: Married with children (hopefully) with a successful job in the northeast on the coast
10. Who has been most influential in your life and why?
Beatty: My parents because they have been there every step of the way in my life and when I’m down, they pull me back up.
Robertson: My brother. He always keeps me calm and reminds me to let life take me where it’s supposed to and not to sweat the little things.
11. What is your favorite quote/saying?
Beatty: “It’s not sacrifice if you love what you’re doing.” – Mia Hamm
Robertson: “Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.” – Sonia Ricotti
12. What is one food you will not try?
Beatty: I will pretty much try anything.
Robertson: I will avoid at all costs marinara sauce
13. What is your favorite book?
Beatty: West Side Story
Robertson: The Art of Racing in the Rain
14. What is one of your pet peeves?
Beatty: When I’m telling a story or talking and someone else starts talking in the middle of my story.
Robertson: When people set alarms to even numbers or when people step on their brakes for no reason.
15. What is another sport at Charlotte you would play if you had the chance?