CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Each Wednesday through the women’s soccer season, two current members of the Charlotte 49ers will be featured in a short personality profile Q&A. Players were picked at random for the particular week but were presented the questions ahead of time.
This week’s 49er focus includes juniors Amanda Jones and Jessica Ryan.
1. What is your favorite pregame meal?
Jones: Pasta from Jason’s Deli
Ryan: Jason’s Deli
2. What is your pregame ritual?
Jones: Get pumped up in the locker room with the girls, have Annika do my hair and then put my game headband on.
Ryan: Handshake with Amanda and spit in a hole on the sideline with Dakota
3. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Jones: I have too many favorites. EDM is my favorite genre of music.
Ryan: Ellie Goulding
4. What one thing, off the field, can you do better than most?
Jones: Paint and draw! I’m a graphic design major.
Ryan: Tie my shoes.
5. What is one thing most people might not know about you?
Jones: I added a very, very small private school from first through 12th grade. I only had 26 in my graduating class.
Ryan: I’m afraid of road kill.
6. What is your dream job?
Jones: Working for a big time magazine in New York City.
7. What is your hometown famous for?
Jones: My hometown isn’t particularly known for anything but N.J. is known for its delicious, big doughy bagels.
Ryan: West Chester, Pa. – parts of movies such as Marley & Me were filmed there.
8. What do you believe it will take to have a successful season?
Jones: Each player needs to have passion in everything they do and work hard for themselves and her teammates
Ryan: Discipline, heart and hard work
9. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Jones: Hopefully happily married, starting a family and working somewhere I love using my artistic talent!
Ryan: Living on a lake, owning one cat and living in the footsteps of the Mulloys.
10. Who has been most influential in your life and why?
Jones: My father. He always sends me inspirational quotes and makes me want to be the best I can be.
Ryan: My parents for obvious reasons. They are my best friends and have always supported me and put their own time into my goals.
11. What is your favorite quote/saying?
Jones: “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
Ryan: Nothing worth having comes easy.
12. What is one food you will not try?
Jones: Any type of cooked, fried or seasoned bug or whatever they do to them!
Ryan: Anything that smells fishy and sushi.
13. What is your favorite book?
Jones: A Song of Ice and Fire series – the books the show Game of Thrones is based on.
Ryan: The Odyssey
14. What is one of your pet peeves?
Jones: Going out of my way for others and being taken advantage of when they won’t do the same for me.
Ryan: Slow people, Alicia Keys’ voice and when people don’t put the toilet seat down.
15. What is another sport at Charlotte you would play if you had the chance?
Jones: Probably volleyball. My mom played college volleyball so I inherited some of her skills!