|Forty-Niner focus: 2013 women’s soccer players|
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Each Wednesday through the women’s soccer season, two current members of the Charlotte 49ers will be featured in a short personality profile Q&A. Players were picked at random for the particular week but were presented the questions ahead of time.
This week’s 49er focus includes sophomores Caitlin Donovan and Alex Meyers
1. What is your favorite pregame meal?
Donovan: Jason’s Deli
Meyers: Jason’s Deli
2. What is your pregame ritual?
Donovan: Listening to music and praying
Meyers: I listen to music before every game
3. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Donovan: Justin Bieber
4. What one thing, off the field, can you do better than most?
Meyers: I can bake cakes and brownies
5. What is one thing most people might not know about you?
Donovan: I put ketchup on everything.
Meyers: I had to have my jaw bone broken and reset.
6. What is your dream job?
Donovan: Sports marketing/management
Meyers: I would like to work with sports management or work with music management.
7. What is your hometown famous for?
Donovan: My hometown is famous for mineral springs. It was originally named Fuquay Springs.
Meyers: My hometown isn’t really famous for anything but I live right next to Washington, D.C., which has a lot of history.
8. What do you believe it will take to have a successful season?
Donovan: To have a successful season I believe that we need to give 100 percent in every practice and game. We need to support each other on and off the field so that all 26 of us are moving forward in one direction.
Meyers: I think it will require dedication, teamwork and heart.
9. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Donovan: I hope to have a family and coach them in youth soccer as well as have my own business.
Meyers: I see myself having a career and a family.
10. Who has been most influential in your life and why?
Donovan: My parents. They have taught me to never give up and to work hard to achieve my goals. They are my biggest support system.
Meyers: My parents have influenced me the most.
11. What is your favorite quote/saying?
Donovan: My favorite quote is “The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.”
Meyers: “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
12. What is one food you will not try?
Donovan: Brussel sprouts
Meyers: Pig’s feet
13. What is your favorite book?
Donovan: The Secret Life of Bees
Meyers: The Hunger Games
14. What is one of your pet peeves?
Donovan: When people are dishonest
Meyers: When people don’t use their turn signals
15. What is another sport at Charlotte you would play if you had the chance?